Useful FAQs About Our Mattresses
MANUFACTURED ON-SITE | DELIVERY AVAILABLE
How do I get my purchase home from your store?
- A delivery service is available for customers.
- You can also bring your truck or trailer and haul your purchase. We will make sure your purchase is secured for safe travel.
What makes the Sleep Shop Mattresses different from name brands?
- Quality and price. We take great pride in manufacturing top-quality mattresses at factory-direct prices.
- All our mattresses are flip-able (two-sided). With proper care this ensures you get the longest life possible for your mattress.
How long does a bed mattress last?
- The average life of all mattress sizes is 12-15 years, but the best years are the first 8-10.
What size mattress should I purchase?
- The size of the mattress you select depends on your comfort needs. The mattress size that gives you the most freedom of movement is often the best choice.
How do I know which mattress to pick?
- Make sure to test out the mattress. Take some time to lie down on the mattress. We recommend wearing loose clothing and shoes that you can easily remove. You could also bring your favorite pillow. Spend time in your favorite sleeping position, the more time you spend the happier you will be with your purchase.
There were a lot of waterbed stores in the Fox Valley. What happened to all of them?
- After being on the market for about 10 years, people found that water beds do not provide them with adequate back support. We offer waterbed conversion mattresses that give you a more comfortable bed with the support you need for a great night of sleep.
What is comfort foam?
- Comfort or memory foam is a viscoelastic, open-celled, temperature and weight-sensitive material that was originally developed for NASA in the 1970s. Comfort foam reacts to the body’s temperature and adjusts to your exact shape. We use this foam in 2 ways: as a solid mattress or as a pillow topper over a traditional innerspring mattress. This provides you with firm mattress support and a softer feel.
Why are some many manufacturers going to a no-flip style mattress?
- Height and weight. Ten years ago, the average mattress size was 8 to 10 inches thick. Now, with the popularity of pillow-top mattresses, the thickness ranges between 10 to 14 inches. By making a no-flip mattress, only one side of the mattress is padded, which decreases the height. Unfortunately, these types of mattresses don’t last as long. You can’t turn them over and use the opposite side. That’s why The Sleep Shop of Appleton still pads our mattresses on both sides to ensure the longest possible life. Of course, if you would prefer a no-flip mattress, we will build you one upon request.
How often should I rotate my mattress?
- Your mattress should be either flipped or rotated every 3 months. 3 months after first purchasing your mattress spin the mattress from head to foot with the same side up. 3 months after the initial spin grab your mattress from the side and flip it over. Repeat this process of spinning and then flipping every 3 months for even wear.
Why don’t you run mattress sales?
- We put out our best factory-to-you price everyday. At our mattress store, we mark our products at a factory – to your price, so there is no need to run a sale. You cannot purchase a better-quality mattress or box spring anywhere. We do, however, run special promotions with our mismatched and discontinued cover mattress sets. This allows us to use up our surplus cover material and pass the savings on to you.
Is delivery free?
There is a small fee for delivery in our area ($49.95). This is an additional fee instead of a hidden fee. The Sleep Shop only wants you to pay for delivery if you need a delivery.
Who brought the donuts?
At The Sleep Shop, we’re a family that likes to have fun (and donuts). Come visit us and we’ll treat you like family too.
Comfortable Mattresses for a Great Night’s Sleep
When you purchase a mattress from The Sleep Shop, you get the best night sleep you need and deserve. From super soft to extra firm and everything in between, we have a large selection of double-sided, flippable mattresses for you to choose from. Have any questions? Click the button below or give us a call. Our team will be happy to help you!